Friday, July 10, 2009

Web + Campaigns + EBM = $$

I was browsing through Amazon.com the other day, browsing through its various titles, not looking for any one book in particular (though I have been wanting to read Daughters of Arabia ever since I read Desert Royal)

After some 5-10 minutes of general browsing, I switched over to other websites and abandoned the Amazon session. This set me thinking - what if my web Analytics and my Campaign management solution in the back-end exchanged information with each other on my activities on the website?

An intelligent integration of Event-Based Management solution, Campaign management solution and Web Analytics solution can do wonders if done well - I could have got an email from Amazon with a discount on Daughters of Arabia - now, that could have converted me from a casual browser to an actual customer! Ah! Nothing succeeds like success!

Do think about this while I try to check with my local library for a copy!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this re-targeting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashwin, just saw your comment! Yes, this is re-targeting but this post talks about the hows - how does one really operationalize re-targeting? Thanks!

      Delete